Monday, July 15, 2013

Close To My Heart Display Tray


I've been excited to decorate this Display Tray from Close To My Heart ever since they came out with it.  Unfortunately, whenever I wanted to do something with it, I couldn't come up with something that really inspired me!  Then the other day while I'm trying to play with some of the new 2013 Autumn/Winter product, I got an idea what to do with this!  Of course, this happens when I need to be working on the new product....But I'm not going to complain, I finally got something done!

I have so many of my boy's wallet size baseball pictures, & thought how cute this would be to do kind of like a timeline of their baseball pictures.  So here is the final results!  The only problem is, I had so much fun with it, that now I want to order about 4 more of these Display Trays & do one for each of my boys!  That way I can just add the pictures each year as I get them!   It was fun to journal each picture of the year it was taken, their team, the position they played, & their jersey # (in the older leagues).  I figured I would have to either start another one for next year since I will have my youngest start playing for the first time next year.  Hunter is even missing a year on here.  The first year he played on the Orioles, the photo company who took the pictures lost the whole teams pictures, so I actually should have another one of Hunter's on the board.  But I figured it would be fun to do one for each of them to put in their rooms!  What a keepsake for them to have, & so much fun to see how much they grow & change each year!

This would also be fun for a school year timeline.  It has 12 frames so 1st grade to Grad! Or K to 11 & frame their grad picture next to it.  So many possibilities!  Perfect for using all those wallet size pictures you have left!
Thanks for looking!

Tools I used:
CTMH Display Tray Z1750 $19.95
CTMH Cardstock
Baseball Stickers
SVG/PNG Logos of the baseball teams cut with my Silhouette machine
"Love Baseball" Silhouette
White Marker

No comments:

Post a Comment

And your awesome comment is...

Related Posts with Thumbnails