Friday, February 13, 2015

Our Cub Scout Blue & Gold "Survivor" Theme party 2015

So, I'm not sure if I mentioned awhile back that I had been a Assistant Cub Scout Master.  Then they put my husband in the Bishopric, & they had to release me from that calling since my hubby would be so busy with his calling.  Well, my hubby just so happens to be over the Cub Scouts, being the 2nd Counselor, & they needed some leaders, so he asked me to be a Wolf Leader, so I was for awhile, then our Primary presidency changed, & we lost the Assistant Cub Master that replaced me, to the new Presidency & next thing I know, I'm right back to being an Assistant Cub Scout Master again!  So here we are, getting our big Blue & Gold party ready once again.  This year we decided on a "Survivor" theme, & based it off: how to survive the Mountains.  Since we live in the beautiful state of Utah, we have lots of Mountains, & spend quite a bit of time up there!  I just wanted to show off some of the fun crafts & decorations we did.

This was our invite - pretty fun huh!?!  I made these with my Silhouette machine 
Did I mention we had 27 Cub Scouts!!

 These fun paper lanterns I found on svgcuts.com.  How adorable are these!
 They have little tea lights in them.  You can see the one on in this picture above.






 Our front stage decorations.  We only had so much time, but I think we pulled it off pretty good with what little we had!  The tepee is for our Webelo's who earn their Arrow of Light award.  When they receive that, they get to put their hand prints on the tepee to show off at all our pack nights.
 Center pieces
 Fire pit center pieces
 I was too late to get the picture before dinner started, so this is all I have!  We served all kinds of different soups & had fun giving them "survivor" like names.
 How fun is this desert!  Ice cream with dirt (oreos), frogs & worms! 
 Our Belly Slime drink (root beer)!
And here was our Survivor Logo!  I've never watched Survivor before, so I had some research to do.  Looked at all kinds of survivor logos, & decided to make our very own!  
We had a ton of fun with our Blue & Gold this year!  Glad it's over, & have 11 months to go before the next one, lol!  
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

And your awesome comment is...

Related Posts with Thumbnails