Thursday, July 7, 2011

Baseball Coach's Thank You Cards

Hunter's Orioles Team Hat & Thank You Card



Chase's Mariner's hat & Thank You Card


You can see the detail on this last picture of how much paper piecing the Mariners logo was. Those of you who use the Cricut know all about how the edges always look rough, but nothing I could do about that, but still worked out.


I like to make my kid's baseball Coaches Thank You cards at the end of the baseball season. Just thank them for taking the time to do what they do for the boys & their teams. I was playing around with my Silhouette & seen they had a card template in the shape of a hat, so of course that got me to thinking what a great idea that would be for the coaches. Then I thought how much better they would be if I could find the name or logo of their teams & put that on their hat card. So I googled their team names & added the SVG to it, & believe it or not, I found them! I still haven't had a chance to figure out how to cut non Silhouette on my Silhouette yet, but I was able to cut out the Orioles, & Mariner's logo out with my Cricut! (Have I told you how much I LOVE my Silhouette & Cricut machines?) Anyway, here they are after many, many tries of getting them the right size, colors, & everything else! The Orioles was easy, but the Mariner's logo, was piece by piece, but sure worth it when they were all done & finished! Sure hope the Coaches like them, but I do know some of the coaches wives loved them!




Thanks for looking!


2 comments:

  1. Hi I want to tell you I came across your thank you hat cards and immediately knew that was what I wanted to do for my son's coaches. I love your detail. I just have a question, how did you get the folded lines on the hat to look so nice. I thought I would be able to do it and used a bone folder and a soft matt, but it came out looking awful. I ended up just cutting it where the line would be and then inking the edges and gluing it back onto the hat to make the lines....btw love the eyelet idea and the coaches loved the cards :) Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele, Thank you so much for your comment! I love making these cards, as soon as I seen the template for the hat, I knew that was what I would be making my boy's Coach Thank You cards from now on! I got the template from Silhouette, & cut it out with my Silhouette machine. They make it an easy way to fold it the way it is designed. Thanks again! :)

      Delete

And your awesome comment is...

Related Posts with Thumbnails