Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Shellie's Hunt










I rarely post much of my personal life here on my Kreatively Spoiled blog, but I just wanted to share with you guys what I have been up to the last while & why I haven't been getting any fun crafty things going! I have been putting in for Utah's Limited Entry Elk hunt now for 14 years.

I finally drew my tag this year for Fishlake. On the 2nd day of the hunt, I was lucky to find this beautiful bull elk! He scored 393 7/8! He is truly a trophy to me, no matter what his size is. I had a great time, although pretty stressed out the whole time, but had fun with my boys being in camp with us. My hubby was a great guide, & help & glad I had my Mom, & Dad, My sister Lynette, her husband Jerry, & their youngest son Darron, & a good family friend Paul there to help me out with everything! We have enough meat to feed my growing boys this winter, & we have already had 2 dinners from him, & he actually tastes pretty good, hardly tastes wild at all! This was something I have looked forward to in a long, long time, & I am happy to say, I accomplished my goal of getting a huge elk & had a great time too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

And your awesome comment is...

Related Posts with Thumbnails