Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Help with the Silhouette...

So I have been researching the Silhouette, vs the Cricut, & I have been hearing some real good information about the Silhouette. I have 2 Cricut machines, love them, but like the idea about the Silhouette & all the junk on my computer I have accumulated over the years, & think how nice it would be to use it with a Silhouette too. So I ordered one last night from OhMyCrafts.com (got a great deal on it with 10% off) my dear hubby, said go ahead, It's your Mother's Day gift! So what can a gal say to that, I ordered it so quickly, he didn't have time to change his mind! Anyway, I would LOVE to have more information on it, so those of you who have one, please let me know what you think about yours, the pros & cons & all that! I would appreciate any information you have, tips & ideas, & fun sites you can use with the Silhouette. One of my favorite sites I have used for years is letteringdelights.com, & they also have fun stuff to use for your Silhouette. Thanks for your help!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE mine! I bought it year before last for Christmas. Last year they had an unlimited subscription for about $200 for a year and I was able to get over 12000 images. They changed it and it is more expensive so I have started looking into other sites for images for my silhouette. I REALLY like the images they have available on LD too but haven't had a chance to try them out. There is a tool in the silhouette that you can import images into and convert them into SVG images but I haven't quite figured out how to do it. It only took my sister a few minutes when she did it so if you are computer literate at all you should be fine. :D Anywho, sorry for the long winded post but I do love my Silhouette!! :D Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.. OH and one more quick tip.. the cost for blades and sticky sheets can add up quickly but I have found that you can "re-sticky" the sheets with a product that is made for the new slice machine OR there is a product for fabric that is a spray adhesive that stays tacky (haven't tried that one yet) and if you are using good and sticky mats instead of letting them get "un-sticky" your blade lasts A LOT longer. :D Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camie, Thank you for that information! I am sure I will be calling you for help when I get it! :) I am not sure about the Silhouette mats, but I do know that on the Cricut mats, Close To My Heart's My Acrylix Spritz cleaner, works great to bring back the sticky, or more or less helps the mat last longer! I am excited to get my Silhouette!

    ReplyDelete

And your awesome comment is...

Related Posts with Thumbnails